Saturday, November 1, 2008

NaNoWriMo and a visit from Alton Brown

I had some homemade pizza today for lunch from my friend L and Alton Brown (of Good Eats fame) from the Food Network. 

The recipe is Alton's, from his Good Eats episode "Flat is Beautiful." I like to think I'm a decent enough cook but I have not yet attempted to make this dough. After eating it today, cooked on a pizza stone, I think I'm going to have to try. The crust was so crispy, I could hear it as I cut into it. Music to my ears. And just the right size for a meal. I don't think I have ever had a better pizza than the one from today. Thanks L, and Alton, for a great meal!

So now I'm headed back to my murder and mayhem and NaNoWriMo - 2,089 words and counting so far. I had to rub it in that I was ahead of her in the word count. We have a bet that whoever has the most words buys the other one dinner. I've paid up once so I plan on collecting a free meal this year.

If you want to learn more about Alton and Good Eats, stop L's fan-created AllAboutAlton blog and website.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the pizza! :)
One of my favorite AB recipes.

You should make it at home too even though it takes days to make. Muhahahaha