Monday, August 10, 2009

Blue books

Yes, those dreaded exam books from your college days. I recently picked up a few while I was in Knoxville at the UTK bookstore on campus. Those were green, but I have many of the blue ones as well.

Why do I buy them? For notes and outlining. If I'm researching a particular topic, I'll write the topic on the cover, along with the date, then makes notes inside of information I might need. I will also make detailed notes inside for future plot ideas. My most recent one is dated August 7th and is titled "bank robberies" where I've listed thoughts and ideas and possible story arcs. Their thin, wide ruled (even though I prefer college ruled paper) and I love them.

If you live near a college or university, go buy some now. If you don't, visit one on your next vacation or business trip. All if not most bookstores have maps to their location and usually have visitor parking nearby. If you can't find a way to get to one, check out their online presence or call and see if they would be willing to mail you some.

No comments: