Sunday, November 1, 2009

3,008 and counting

My word count is currently setting at 3,008. My goal is to hit 4,000 before I go to sleep. But here is a small part of a conversation I wrote this afternoon.

“I think so.” She smiled at him, putting an arm through his and leaning her head on his shoulder. “I never expected to see that painting again. Any of them.”

“How many are there?”

“Three, if you count the one my father originally commissioned.”

“The one in there has you partially clothed. What about the third one?”

“Naked.”

“Really?” He sounded quite interested in that particular bit of information.

“Get your mind out of the gutter. There is nothing wrong with a nude body. I was posed ‘artfully’ and I wasn’t completely naked. At least I don’t think I was. It’s been so long I don’t remember.”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay more please, I am waiting for more excerpt...

I am at 5042 as of tonight...phew...

Hugs and see you manana!
G

MysteryWriter said...

You need to update your NaNo word count!!