Monday, August 30, 2010

Waiting for November 1 - NaNoWriMo

Like a lot of other people out there I'm eagerly awaiting 2010's NaNoWriMo. I'm already thinking about what to write (sequel to last year's The Contessa or work on a new idea?) and trying to make sure I'll have plenty of time to write (pawning work off onto my co-workers, etc. Just kidding, I promise).

One thing I do not do is write at work. I've plotted and planned on my lunch break, but that's it. When I'm at work, I'm there to work.

The post office has been busy delivering research material to me - this Saturday I received a copy of:


After requesting it through ILL several years ago, I've been on the lookout for my own copy. One book in the trilogy I'm now writing based on last year's novel is set in and around Hollywood and Los Angeles in the 1930s, 1933 specifically. I can't wait to start reading.

Turning one story into three has been quite time-consuming. All those pesky time lines, for each major character (six total, two for each novel, plus numerous minor characters who show up in all three) has been a little daunting. I finally had to set the series aside and work on plotting another story. I'm headed to the Blue Ridge Parkway later this month so I thought I would work on a mystery (what else?) set on the parkway. Still trying to wrap my head around that plot and its characters, so I can do a little bit of research on the side while there.

No comments: