I finally made it to 100 posts! Almost like trying to write to a certain word count each night. I started this list in November 2008 and kept adding items as I would think of them. Some times I despaired of actually finding 100 things to say about myself. But I have prevailed.
1. I have red hair.
2. And green eyes.
3. I'm 5'4" tall. Well, 5'3 3/4". Same thing. LOL
4. I'm nearsighted and wear glasses.
5. I'm right handed.
6. But I fervently wish I was left handed.
7. I work in higher education.
8. I have a master's degree.
9. I drive a black VW Jetta.
10. With a manual transmission. Special order.
11. I learned to drive on a VW Beetle. Light blue. Manual transmission.
12. That my dad drove to school.
13. My dad is 6'4". I am 5'4. You would think I would be a little taller. Thanks, Mom.
14. I took my driving test in a car with a manual transmission.
15. I failed the test. Stalled on a hill. In the pouring rain.
16. State trooper told me I had guts to take the test in a car with a standard transmission.
17. Passed the next time. IN THE SAME CAR.
18. If I could do the math, I would be an architect.
19. Or a forensic scientist.
20. Or a musician.
21. My dad taught algebra, pre-calculas, geometry, chemistry, physics and computer programming in high school. I had all but physics. I know just enough to be dangerous.
22. I'm a beginning knitter.
23. I'm an experienced cross stitcher. 19 years experience.
24. I have two sisters and one brother.
25. Odd numbers are my favorite.
26. I love frogs.
27. I love practical jokes.
28. Blue is my favorite color.
29. I played the flute and piccolo in the school band.
30. I have been to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC at least once each month.
31. I have never been out of the country.
32. But I do have a passport. Everyone should. You never know when Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome (with blue eyes) will show up and ask you to leave with him.
33. My avatar is a somewhat accurate description of what I had on the day I created it. My hair looked worse that day, though.
34. I'm older than the cartoon character Scooby Doo.
35. I'm in love with Edward Cullen, AKA Robert Pattinson.
36. Hawaii 5-0 and I debuted in the same year.
37. Most of my pets growing up were "rescues" - not from the pound or rescue groups - they were dropped at my house because I live in the country. There's a serial killer for you - murdering people who drop pets because they don't want them any more.
38. I saw the Twilight movie 4 times in theaters.
39. I love cemeteries. Don't ask me why.
40. Age 40 was pretty sucky for me. I hope 41 is better.
41. I wish time travel were possible.
42. I have never broken a bone in my body.
43. I like to read mysteries.
44. I've met Alton Brown, host of Good Eats (Food Network).
45. I've also met William Shatner. Live long and prosper, Captain Kirk.
46. I've discovered that knitting is a much more expensive hobby than cross stitching ever was.
47. I love horses.
48. I'm fascinated by snakes, but also scared of them.
49. I can play the piano.
50. I want to make a quilt.
51. Smallville is my favorite TV show.
52. I love ghost stories.
53. If I can teach myself to write in a higher level programming language, I may embark on a 2nd master's degree in Information Systems. Maybe.
54. I've pre-ordered three different versions of the Twilight movie on DVD. And pre-ordered it from iTunes as well.
55. I own a Macbook and an iMac.
56. I plan to grow pumpkins this summer.
57. I spent 6 years working as a police dispatcher.
58. I joined eBay in 1998 to purchase a VCR that played and recorded the in the formats PAL and SECAM as well as NTSC.
59. Said VCR cost me $400.00. And is still working today.
60. I have a real copy of the Song of the South movie. PAL format (VHS).
61. I want to build my own house.
62. I now have a huge poster of Edward Cullen on the back of the door in my TV room.
63. I learned to cook so I could eat certain foods more than once or twice a year. Example: homemade crescent rolls. My mom would only make them for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can now make them anytime, but I will admit they taste the best during the holidays with all that turkey and mashed potatoes.
64. My first dog was a German Shepherd named Sam. He died when I was 12.
65. My current dog's name is Scooby-Doo.
66. I've had my new car (black VW Jetta) for 15 months and already have over 27,000 miles on it.
67. My favorite board game is Monopoly.
68. My next favorite board game is Trivial Pursuit.
69. I also like Scrabble, Clue and Yahtzee.
70. My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip. Also has to be colored green too.
71. I've owned three VW Jetta's and a Jeep Wrangler.
72. I've been certified as a CPR instructor by the American Red Cross.
73. I've been certified as a CPR instructor by the American Heart Association.
74. I want to drive on Germany's Autobahn. Really.
75. My license place is personalized now. It's the name of my favorite TV show.
76. I won 2nd place at my junior high school in a DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) writing contest.
77. My boss B gave me the highest compliment the other day. She called me irreplaceable. I almost cried.
78. I want to work on a master's degree in Forensic Science.
79. I would like to visit Germany for a month.
80. I have over 6 thousands e-mails in my inbox alone, not counting the hundreds in various folders in Outlook.
81. I currently have six pairs of glasses with the same prescription. Yes, six. Three with black frames, one with silver, one with gold and an old, old pair of blue frames.
82. I've been making homemade napkins like crazy. I like the idea of doing my bit for the environment.
83. If I keep up my monthly writing exercises, I will have written over 250,000 words by the end of the year.
84. I would like to teach myself a foreign language or two.
85. I've also discovered that sewing is a much more expensive hobby than cross stitching ever was as well.
86. I plan to participate in ScriptFrenzy and NaNoWriMo this year.
87. Current songs on my iPod include: Runaway and Dream on Dreamer by Cascada, Convoy by C.W. McCall, Will you still love me by Chicago.
88. I once tracked down a television movie I had watched as a child on Saturday morning on the CBS Children's Film Festival. I could remember only that it appeared to be based on a fairy tale and had an owl with three silver acorns that were actually wishes. Tri orísky pro Popelku is the name of the movie. Better known as Three Wishes for Cinderella. The language was Czech with English subtitles. I finally found a VHS copy of it. For more info on the CBS Children's Film Festival click here.
89. I've learned that patience is a virtue. I've waited for HDNET to air the NCIS episodes from JAG. They're FINALLY airing on March 18th and I've set the Tivo to record them. I hope the power or cable doesn't go off.
90. I don't know whether to believe in ghosts, but I would love to meet one.
91. I actually enjoy playing solitaire. On the computer or with real cards, especially if they're my Scooby Doo deck.
92. I collect USGS (United States Geological Survey) topographical maps (7.5 min quadrangles) of places I've been. Or of places I would like to visit. The last one I bought was for Forks, WA of Twilight fame.
93. I like windows. My house will have lots of them.
94. I love strawberries, will eat a banana if I have to and I will suck the juice out of an orange but I won't eat the pulp. Ick.
95. I'm currently reading The Reader. I hope to get Revolutionary Road next.
96. I made myself my first pair of pajama pants over the weekend. I love them and look forward to making a few more.
97. My goal for Christmas 2009 is to make handmade gifts for my family and friends.
98. I love BBQ potato chips, popcorn with extra butter and crunchy Cheetos. But not all at the same time. ICK.
99. I plan to get a motorcycle endorsement on my driver's license next summer if not before.
100. I have red hair. Here's the proof. This is a school photograph of me from, I think, the first grade.